Dynamic Therapy conducts speech, language and hearing screenings in Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia at health fairs, daycare centers, schools, specialty centers, senior centers, and other community organizations upon request. In addition, we provide informative sessions about preventative measures, communication disorders and treatment, communication disorders and their functional impact, as well as careers in Speech-Language Pathology.
Life Skills 101:
The Dynamic Therapy Center Life Skills 101 customizable course is designed for high school students to increase their knowledge and skills necessary for everyday living. The course emphasizes goal setting, decision making and problem-solving, communication, healthy lifestyles and relationships, nutrition, personal safety, and citizenship. Additionally, students learn about the following: taxes, budgeting, branding, networking, resume & cover letter, email etiquette, professionalism, dressing for success, insurance policies, estate planning, benefits, 401(k), quality of life, organization, time management, and credit.
Join us for the experience of a lifetime! During our 8-week program (45-minutes each week), our professionals make progress in their lives in order to attain greater fulfillment. Each session is tailored for you as an individual geared towards improving relationships, careers, and day-to-day lives. We help professionals clarify their goals, identify the obstacles holding them back, and then come up with strategies for overcoming each obstacle. No matter if you feel lost, doubt yourself, or are looking for guidance in navigating a significant life change, such as taking on a new career, we can help build a happier, more meaningful life.
The following are some of the positive outcomes that could result from joining forces with our life coach: better work-life balance, elimination of long-held fears and anxieties, enhanced creativity, greater financial security, improved communication skills, more satisfying work-life, and stronger relationships with friends and family.
Our professionals have shared that one of the main benefits of working with our life coach is the ability to gain a refreshing, informed perspective on problems that are encountered in life. In addition to offering new insight into challenges, our life coach will help you focus on negative patterns that could be standing in the way of your success.
Sign up today for one of our programs for only $600 total or $75.00 each session:
- Business, executive, and leadership coaching (e.g., effective communication and presentations)
- Career coaching (e.g., starting a company, negotiating, documentation, branding, networking, job interviewing, resume, and cover letter)
- Financial coaching (e.g., taxes and budgeting)
- Life skills coaching (e.g., organizational skills, time management, work-life balance, and relationship navigation)
Mindfulness Parenting Course:
This 3-day course for parents and caretakers teaches the art of being fully present with your child with kindness, consideration and compassion.
The demands of life affect our ability to practice patience and deep listening with our children, which can impact the quality of a parent/child relationship. This inattention can contribute to frustration and confusion for both the parent and child. By identifying reactive patterns and exploring options for attending to the unplanned stressors in our lives, we can improve our ability to respond skillfully to our own needs and the needs of our children. In this course, participants will be introduced to the foundations of Mindfulness and the effect of mindfulness training on emotional regulation and stress reduction. In addition, participants will learn the purpose and value of the adolescent brain and its role in preparing a teen for life, along with ways to redirect the attention of a child in the midst of a tantrum. Participants will explore methods for cultivating emotional resilience, kindness and compassion in their children.
Parenting by all standards is challenging. In this course, participants will have an opportunity to listen deeply and with consideration to their children and create new ways of interacting, which, in turn, will teach children to manage their own stressors and live their own lives with greater skill and enjoyment.
Benefits of Mindfulness for Parents/Caretakers:
- A deeper awareness of your own stress reactions
- An opportunity to explore activated patterns of parenting under stress
- An increased ability to respond more skillfully to the unplanned and stressful moments with your child
- Learning to listen with kindness and attention to yourself and your child
- Learning to problem-solve with your child with patience and wisdom
- Increasing your child’s emotional strength and well-being
- Improving your child’s capacity to respond with kindness to others
- Creating healthier and more productive relationships between family members
More Than Words® — The Hanen Program® for Parents of Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder or Social Communication Difficulties:
As a parent, you know how challenging it can be for your child with Autism Spectrum Disorder or other social communication difficulties to interact meaningfully with others and connect with the world around them.
The More Than Words Program was designed specifically for parents of children ages 5 and under on the autism spectrum and with other social communication difficulties. Addressing the unique needs of these children, the program provides parents with the tools, strategies and support they need to help their children reach their full communication potential.
More Than Words does this by empowering you to help your child reach the following three goals:
- Improved social communication and back-and-forth interactions
- Improved play skills
- Improved imitation skills
Here are some of the valuable things you’ll learn when you attend the More Than Words Program:
- What motivates your child to communicate
- How to use your knowledge about your child to set appropriate and realistic goals
- How to make interactions with your child last longer
- Tips for using pictures and print to help your child’s understanding
- Strategies for how to talk so that your child understands you
- Strategies for developing your child’s play skills
- Ways to help your child make friends
The More Than Words parent program includes:
- 8 training sessions in small, personalized groups
- A Hanen Certified speech-language pathologist leading the program
- A pre-program consultation for you and your child with your speech-language pathologist
- Three individual visits for you and your child with your speech-language pathologist in which you are videotaped while practicing with your child. Then you and your speech-language pathologist watch the videotaped interaction to “see” what’s helping and what you can modify to help even more
The Dynamic Therapy Praxis Preparation Course is taught by outstanding scholars who are experts and/or certified speech-language pathologists and audiologists. Dynamic Therapy’s Praxis course was designed to target the topic areas identified by the Educational Testing Service Praxis Series as being the content included on the examination.
During the 6-week course, students will
- Become familiar with the format and content of the exam
- Develop a study plan based on the exam content and their knowledge in each topic area
- Take advantage of available test preparation materials and practice questions
- Most importantly, study for the exam
Our Praxis course was specifically made for test-takers who become overly anxious, causing them to forget content, guess wildly, or lose concentration. Individuals who have high levels of test anxiety might benefit from taking this test prep course to prepare for the actual testing situation.
Our skills-based sessions are meant to help professionals become better public speakers through theory and, most importantly, practice. As professionals participate in sessions, they learn concepts and models of communication, how to adapt speeches for different occasions and audiences, how to effectively support their ideas, how to select and organize materials in preparation for speeches, and how to utilize multimedia tools in presentations, among other skills. These sessions are relevant in academic, business, and social settings. Furthermore, we spend time ensuring that they’re better communicators by teaching them how to speak more fluidly while controlling their body language, building their confidence, and advancing in their careers.
Speech & Language Therapy:
At the Dynamic Therapy Center, we offer consultations to families, screenings, evaluations, and treatment for speech and language disorders. Our services include but are not limited to fluency, speech production, language (spoken/written and social aspects of communication), cognition (attention, memory, problem-solving, and executive functioning), voice, resonance, feeding and swallowing, auditory habilitation/rehabilitation, and augmentative and alternative communication. We believe in delivering quality assessments and therapy services by constantly adding to and updating our tests and materials. We have a range of standardized and non-standardized assessment tools for all ages, and we utilize toys, games, technology as well as traditional pen & paper tasks to develop communication skills and make therapy fun. From pediatrics to geriatrics, our skilled providers are there for you through every stage of life. Whether you’re looking for consultative or direct support, our full range of services are designed to meet the needs of you and your family.
Dynamic Therapy believes that each child has an individual and unique style of learning. We tailor your child’s tutoring sessions to improve the areas that they need the most help for academic achievement and to improve their self-confidence. Our goal is to address each child’s strengths and weaknesses. We bring together a strong team of tutors who are trained and experienced educators. We put a strong emphasis on the teaching skills of our tutors and provide training to help our tutors continually assess and update their tutoring skills. Furthermore, we work with students from PK3 – 12th grade and specialize in phonemic/phonological awareness, reading comprehension, spelling, writing, time management, focus concerns, organizational skills, and study skills.